WHAT WILL I LEARN?
HEALTHY BIRTH PRACTICES FOR THE 6 STAGES OF LABOR
- The Baby's Gonna Come Out: We'll go over all the medical and physical details involved in any birth.
- Your Baby's Going to Come Out: We'll talk about coping skills, introduce breathing techniques, discuss helpful affirmations, how to focus, how to select the right mindset for you, not just anyone.
- Your Partner's Baby is Going to Come Out: We'll go over labor positions, more advanced skills, pain relief, and more!
- How Your Baby's Going to Come Out: We'll discuss the normal variations of labor, interventions, complications, decision making
- Baby, Baby, Baby: We'll talk about your baby's first 5 minutes, first hour, first 24 hours, first 3 days, first week)
- So, Now That The Baby is Here: We'll discuss breast feeding, postpartum experiences, and your new normal with your baby
You'll glean wonderful stuff in these classes that you won't get anywhere else, even if you read every book on pregnancy out there. (Believe me, there are a lot of them out there.)
WHO WILL BE THERE?
- other women delivering their baby (perhaps for the first time)
- other partners who will help
- parents who want a refresher
- parents thrilled to be grandparents
- close friends of a pregnant woman
- adoptive parents
- Oh and other doulas, nurses, or any other medical professionals are always welcome.
THREE METHODS OF RESERVATION:
- select six of the Weekly Class Dates occurring every Monday evening on Orcas Island, WA.
- select one of 6 Intensive Class Weekends taught over 2 days on Orcas Island, WA
- or attend an unlimited number of classes when you choose me as your doula!